The street view of your property is one of the first things a buyer notices. It deserves particular attention and needs to give a great first impression. You can ensure your property has a great street view by following the simple steps below:
When staging and styling the living room, ensure to:
1. Allow for traffic flow by removing excess furniture and dominating objects. Identify the focal point in the room (for example a window or fireplace) and position furniture groupings around to compliment the focal point.
2. Keep window coverings simple to ensure as much natural light is let in as possible and add a contemporary floor lamp for extra light.
3. Add colour and texture in accent pieces like pillows, throws and a large rug. Use a large mirror to create the illusion of space and light.
4. When accesorising, use neutral medium to large-sized accessories. Larger accessories will be noticed and have more impact as you enter a room, whereas a lot of small accessories can appear as clutter. Keep it simple such as an open book on the coffee table.
5. Greenery will add life to any room, fill an empty corner with a tall large leafed plant for dramatic impact.
6. Add a piece of artwork and ensure to select artwork at least 2/3 to 3/4 the width of what it’s hanging over.
Affinity Property has more than 15 years’ experience in property staging and home styling properties for sale. Our team also stage rental properties and we have worked on more than 30 residential development projects styling new residential houses, units, townhouses and retirement living.
There are some great, low cost ways to stage and style your property so you can achieve the best sale price and the highest rent.