By decluttering, depersonalizing, and enhancing the positive aspects of your home, staging encourages potential buyers and tenants to immediately visualize themselves living in your house.
Given all the benefits of property styling, it is no secret why so many are using it to enhance their homes for selling or leasing.
When you think “how can I style my home to make it appealing?”, your mind probably goes to the inside of the property.
Property styling is not only useful for the inside of your home. It is vital for the outside of your home too. The street view of your property is one of the first things a buyer notices. It deserves particular attention and needs to give a great first impression. You can ensure your property has a great street view by following the simple steps below:
Kitchens rank very high on a buyer’s priority list. You will attract buyers with a kitchen that is clean, spacious and welcoming.
When staging the kitchen, keep it simple as outlined below:
When staging and styling the living room, ensure to:
1. Allow for traffic flow by removing excess furniture and dominating objects. Identify the focal point in the room (for example a window or fireplace) and position furniture groupings around to compliment the focal point.
2. Keep window coverings simple to ensure as much natural light is let in as possible and add a contemporary floor lamp for extra light.
3. Add colour and texture in accent pieces like pillows, throws and a large rug. Use a large mirror to create the illusion of space and light.
4. When accesorising, use neutral medium to large-sized accessories. Larger accessories will be noticed and have more impact as you enter a room, whereas a lot of small accessories can appear as clutter. Keep it simple such as an open book on the coffee table.
5. Greenery will add life to any room, fill an empty corner with a tall large leafed plant for dramatic impact.
6. Add a piece of artwork and ensure to select artwork at least 2/3 to 3/4 the width of what it’s hanging over.
Affinity Property has more than 15 years’ experience in property staging and home styling properties for sale. Our team also stage rental properties. We have worked on more than 30 residential development projects styling new residential houses, units, townhouses and retirement living. When Kallangur residents ask “Who can style my home to prepare it for sale?” the answer is Affinity Property.
There are some great, low cost ways to stage and style your property so you can achieve the best sale price and the highest rent.
Thinking of selling your property? Affinity has helped hundreds of clients increase the sale price of their homes through our staging and styling services. If you’d like to learn more before you sell, talk to a home styling expert today or get a FREE digital property report to learn about local market conditions.
Or, call us now on 07 3293 9100