Home Staging Brisbane: How to Style your Property for Sale
Property styling and home staging is an art and can add significant value when it comes time to sell or lease your property.
We have sold many homes for tens of thousands above the initial price assessment by staging and styling.
The most important steps to consider
when staging and styling your property
STEP 1. THE EXTERIOR
Property styling is not only useful for the inside of your home. It is vital for the outside of your home too. The street view of your property is one of the first things a buyer notices. It deserves particular attention and needs to give a great first impression. You can ensure your property has a great street view by following the simple steps below:
- Pressure clean the driveway & exterior to remove debris, dirt and stains.
- Ensure the grass is neatly mowed, raked and edged.
- Add mulch to garden beds and add seasonal plants/ flowers.
- Add flowering plants in oversized pots at the front door to give a cheery feel.
- Clean up dead leaves and bugs, trim trees and bushes, pressure-wash floors and stain decks.
- Freshen up gardens with mulch and seasonal plants.
- Create privacy screens to block any undesirable views. CLICK HERE for great tips on the best plants and screens to block out neighbours.
- Add an outdoor table, chairs & bbq to create a sense of lifestyle.
- Add colourful cushions & oversized pots with plants for decoration.
STEP 2. INTERIOR STYLING
- When painting the interior walls or replacing the carpet, select a neutral colour scheme that will appeal to all buyers.
- Replace old fixtures and fittings to make the space feel fresh again.
- Declutter and spring clean EVERY ROOM!
When staging the kitchen, keep it simple as outlined below:
- Remove all appliances from counter-tops to give a more spacious feel.
- Remove dish rack, soaps, old dishtowels, rubbish and fridge magnets to avoid clutter.
- Add decorative canisters, a bowl of fruit, pretty cookbooks and *new* tea towels to bring the space to life.
- If the kitchen has an island bench, ensure to add modern bar stools to create a sense of lifestyle.
- Check out the video below for some other simple ideas for styling your kitchen.
- Choose a dining table to suit the space and minimise the number of dining chairs, as large furniture in a small dining room will diminish the space.
- If it is a large space, add a large rug underneath the dining table to add warmth, colour and texture.
- Add an attractive centerpeice arrangement to the dining table such as a runner and a vase of flowers to give the space style.
- Add artwork and plants to liven up the room with some colour.
When staging and styling the living room, ensure to:
1. Allow for traffic flow by removing excess furniture and dominating objects. Identify the focal point in the room (for example a window or fireplace) and position furniture groupings around to compliment the focal point.
2. Keep window coverings simple to ensure as much natural light is let in as possible and add a contemporary floor lamp for extra light.
3. Add colour and texture in accent pieces like pillows, throws and a large rug. Use a large mirror to create the illusion of space and light.
4. When accesorising, use neutral medium to large-sized accessories. Larger accessories will be noticed and have more impact as you enter a room, whereas a lot of small accessories can appear as clutter. Keep it simple such as an open book on the coffee table.
5. Greenery will add life to any room, fill an empty corner with a tall large leafed plant for dramatic impact.
6. Add a piece of artwork and ensure to select artwork at least 2/3 to 3/4 the width of what it’s hanging over.
STEP 3. BATHROOMS
- Avoid creating a theme within your bathroom, instead use a neutral theme.
- Add colour and texture with new towels, a new floor mat and a new shower curtain.
- Remove all personal items such as shampoo and toothbrushes.
- Use scented soaps, candles and flowers for decoration.
STEP 4. BEDROOMS
- Kids Rooms should be for sleeping, playing and studying NOT toy shops (put away kids toys).
- Guest Rooms should be relaxing and luxurious NOT your exercise room, ironing room, catch-all room (as guest rooms often end up being).
- Minimise clutter, wall hangings and remove any personal items so buyers feel comfortable in the space.
- Make storage areas appear generous by removing all out-of-season clothing and extra items.
- Make the bed look luxurious with a few euro pillows, normal pillows, extra cushions and at least one throw.
STEP 5. HOUSE STAGING & PROPERTY STYLING SERVICES IN BRISBANE
Affinity Property has more than 15 years’ experience in property staging and home styling properties for sale. Our team also stage rental properties. We have worked on more than 30 residential development projects styling new residential houses, units, townhouses and retirement living.
There are some great, low cost ways to stage and style your property so you can achieve the best sale price and the highest rent.
Home Staging & Property Styling Services Affinity ProvideExpert AdviceProven Results
Property Staging & Home Styling Services we use:
From Over 100 Happy Clients
Sign Up To Find Out More About Staging and Styling
USE STAGING AND STYLING TO INCREASE YOUR SALE PRICE
When selling your home you want to make sure it appeals to as many people as possible. Get in touch with Affinity now to find out how Staging and Styling can help you sell your home.